The problem basically is they transferred from an old database to this new one they've been trialling in Oxfordshire, and - as good as it is - the data-transfer was a complete joke and the whole thing's an entire mess. That, and the fact that nothing has been inputted into the system since the end of September, into October. GRRRRRRRRRRRR! On the other hand, it also means I'm in my element, talking to almost nothing but the computer, and I essentially get to re-organise the system properly - YEY!
Oooh, speaking of which - freaky-deaky! The IT guy that I knew and helped me out SO many times in my career at Control Risks is actually the IT guy for The Learning Trust now! Got set up with my own login and email today, and I noticed the name on the email to say it was set up was the same as the IT guy from CRS. And then he sent me an email, asking "Is that the same Delphine from Control Risks?" - you know I was so chuffed! Not only was I just really pleased to "speak" to him again, I was also really glad that a) a familiar person was working in the same company, and b) I also had a direct line to the database operators and IT guys. And it's already come in useful! Because I know I can go directly to my old friend about any questions or problems, I feel a lot more confident! That, and we also had a nice bitch about the Phoenix system at CRS!
I've just ended my first week today, and apart from a few teething problems, I think it's really good. Like I said - I wish it were for longer. I like the people there too, and my boss is really sweet and genuine and funny, and on the ball. She's the kind of person I need as a boss, strict, firm, nice, and fun. I shall enjoy my month there and make the most of it. I have an interview on Friday for Assistant in Data Management (I think that's the job title) at the Royal Free - yes, back there again - but I'd take this place over that. On the other hand, it's a cool sounding job, still quite close, and good money, so I'll be giving it my all!
To make things horrible though, the eczema on my eyes has become catastrophic and I now look a bit like the Elephant Woman. I definitely scare myself in the mirror, that's for sure. Under my eyes (the bit where you normally get "bags") is swollen, red-raw, with dried and wrinkled skin (not like old skin, but like so dry it makes the Sahara look like the Atlantic Ocean), and it hurts just SO badly. I hate that eczema. It happens now because I'm stressed with nowhere for it to go (no self-harming, starvation, pill-popping, or vomiting), so it just takes it out on my skin instead. Yuck. And ouch.
No comments:
Post a Comment