Wednesday, 28 January 2009

New Job - Finally!

Started new job last Wednesday – somewhere sensible, finally! Its about ½ an hour on the bus – beats bloody Hammersmith any day! Absolutely knackered though. After being off with nothing to do for 6 weeks, it’s a bit of a culture shock to be back at work, and with quite a lot to do too! It’s the best-paying job I’ve ever had, and it’s through an agency. Believe it or not, they just spotted my CV profile on Monster and called me up for this. They asked if they could send my CV over, so I said yes, and sent them a copy, then they came back to me and said they wanted me on the proviso I start the next day – and they called me on Tuesday.

So, 9am Wednesday morning I was in Hackney, just off Mare Street (been there too often a few years ago to fix balls-up with rent-assistance payments), and the Children’s Centre (where I work) is just around the corner where I had to go to sort out the rent money because I was out of work. And then they threw some registration forms to input into the system, and off I went quite happily. And now it’s Friday, and I’ve only just got them done! Now I have to sort them all out and file them in their rather complicated filing system, and overflowing arch binders. Fun! … No – seriously, though – I really do enjoy this type of work. It’s definitely for me!!! And I’m quite happy, and I may be here for a month, so that’s quite good, really. I have a week’s probation to really impress them. Hopefully, I’ll be able to do that!

Tomorrow we’re hoping to go to Cambridge. We both need the break away from the city and do something new! Paris had her surgery last Friday for her nose, and it’s getting her down because it’s still swollen and she can’t breathe through it. She’s been sick in the house all week, and it took me enough to convince her to go out with me to Il Bacio for a celebratory dinner there. Once she was there she really enjoyed herself, and proceeded to stuff her face with minestrone soup and £15 worth of fish “stew” – and by “stew” they seem to mean a mountain of various crustaceans, shellfish and fried bread, with a side of fine beans. She enjoyed it… my bank account didn’t!!

Anyways, I’ve not been to Cambridge before (that I remember or know of – but then that’s a little bit of a moot point, because I know I won’t get all of my memory back). So I’m really looking forward to going. It’s only an hour away from Finsbury Park National Rail and about £20 each for a return, so that sounds good. And they have 4 (count ‘em!) Starbucks there – so I’m happy!!! I think I’ve definitely earned it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mass Effect Legendary Edition - Mass Effect 2: Project Overlord - Promethius Station

Mass Effect Legendary Edition - Mass Effect 2: Project Overlord [p.2] - Accessing and Destroying Prometheus Station Shep, Garrus and Jack ...