I think I just went for the most pointless "interview" in my life - and it wasn't even an interview!! Was requested to go in for a "registration" with an agency in the City, for 11am. I got out at one. Two bloody hours filling out about a thousand forms (of which they ask you for everything about you in your life... I'm surprised they didn't ask me my bra size or the colour of my underwear... They asked just about everything else), then doing a crappy (and I mean crappy) "Test". This consisted of the computer telling me to do various things in MS Office packages and then telling me I was doing them wrong - when I'd either made a mistake or tried to (heaven forbid) use my keyboard to do it instead of using the mouse and the appropriate menus. So it just looked like I was completely incompetant, when it was the "testing" software that was completely crap! And not only did I have to contend with the most frustrating programme ever made (and that includes Windows 2000 & Vista) that was completely unrealistic and stupid, I also had a computer keyboard that came in a style I hadn't seen since about 1996. Instead of being flat and quite wide, like normal keyboards, the keys were sticking up about three miles off it and half the size we're used to now. It reminded me of my old Amiga. Or maybe those BBC Acorn computers you used to get in schools...
So pretty much after two hours of jumping through their hoops, I finally met the idiot who thought it was a good idea to drag me in (and it was a nightmare to get to and find the bloody place), I got about 5 minutes of her time and that was it. I got told she needed about 15000 other things that I was supposedly have magically knew I needed to bring, and then got shoed out the door. Oh, and whilst I was pissing around Bank, trying to get there, some other damned agency calls me up and makes an appointment with me for Thursaday morning. So, I've just signed up for yet one more morning of idiocy and jumping through hoops like a good little puppy...
Tomorrow I get a Job Centre interview to look forward to, and then I have to run (quite literally - there's about an hour and a half max bewteen leaving one and making it to the other) all the way to Chelsea & Westminster Hospital for yet another interview. Why??????!!!!! I must be completely stupid to put myself through this - I so don't need the hassle. Certainly wish I didn't need the money!
The highlight of the week is the fact that Paris is going for another spot of rhinoplasty at St Bart's on Friday. Have to be there about 7.30am (aka The Middle of the Night). She can't breathe, bless her. And as an asthmatic, I can definitely say that being able to breathe is so much more better than not being able to breathe! It tends to make you feel quite bad when something is trying really hard to kill you from asphyxiation. So that's going to be a fun 5.30am start there. And I'm going to be bored for god knows how long, and I'll be away from my laptop all day (some people have alcohol, some people have heroin... I have my computer! ... Oh, yeh - and coffee... And books...). And then she's going to have to have time off work because she's going to look like the Elephant Man for about a week. And feel like she's been run over by a whole herd. Lucky her! However, if you read there's been a sharp decline in GlaxoSmith-Klein's Sudafed line... You'll know why! Pretty sure we're almost single-handedly keeping them afloat in the creid-crunch with sales of those little nasal sprays...!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment