Monday, 12 December 2011

Back To Music

Right off I’ll admit that I am bored. And so I have spent my day re-examining all my back catalogue of songs and putting them onto my new SoundCloud site, which I am rather impressed about - since it’s the first time I’ve done such a thing in years! After ignoring my music for so many years it was rather strange to dust off the old songs and not only listen to them again, but to put them up for (hopefully) other people to listen to as well.

I’ve been partly inspired by the boredom (there really isn’t much to do when no matter how many doors you try to kick down, they still won’t give you a job), but also partly inspired by inspiration of working with my partner and writing and editing one of my novels {“Rumour In The Truth”, if it ever gets published!}, which is also about a rather a disillusioned singer living in the Big Smoke. I got to remembering how much it is part of my identity, and today I went out fishing for my old material - since I actually don’t have anything new anymore, after accidentally losing yet another digital album. And by digital, I mean it stayed in music program format and never really made it to MP3.

The few I did export have now vanished (I have the case, but the CD seems to be long gone) and I therefore no longer seem to have any copies of them. The last time that happened I didn’t keep backup copies and someone got into my flat and pinched my laptop. This time round I have backup copies, but when my Mac died the program went with it and so I cannot resurrect what I made until I (eventually) manage to afford a new one, because they got written on the Mac-only GarageBand and I currently make do with a W7 tower.

I would have done it on Reason, if I actually understood it, and therefore would still have access to it. However, Reason is clearly for Rocket Scientists (or at least the sound engineer equivalent) and I have no idea what most of those twiddly-looking things are for. The fact I managed to write any songs at it at all I frankly put down to pure luck than anything else - although I am very pleased with the way Black Heart and Tangled Web came out (considering this fact)!

I now therefore cannot wait until I a) Get a new Mac, and b) Have Reason 6 installed on it, which is slightly more manageable, and has a voice recorder on it for the first time (and I now also have one of those Rocket Science-type engineer-type people to help me to - my partner actually understands this stuff and studied it - hoorah!). Then I can start writing the new stuff that has been coming into my head recently, which I have had no way of actually creating because I don’t actually know how to go about doing it with the program that we have.

You never know … It might actually be something I really like for a change!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mass Effect Legendary Edition - Mass Effect 2: Project Overlord - Promethius Station

Mass Effect Legendary Edition - Mass Effect 2: Project Overlord [p.2] - Accessing and Destroying Prometheus Station Shep, Garrus and Jack ...