Tuesday, 13 December 2011

Writing ADD

I tend to suffer from creative, or writing, ADD - as soon as I think I'm actually getting somewhere with something (writing/editing manuscript, writing/editing song etc), I get more ideas for another one and abandon the one being worked on without a backwards glance to focus on the new idea.

This leads to owning lots of unfinished and unrefined, often not-exactly-impressive manuscripts and having no idea what to do with them after the novelty of the new idea has worn off. I definitely blame this for getting not a lot done over a prolonged space of time, and I think there really should be a cure... In fact, even writing this I am starting to think of other things I could also be writing. It's an illness, surely? One maybe helped by nutritious sustenance like caffeine and chocolate, and maybe ice cream...

I've digressed again. I'm now thinking about a Gingerbread Latte in one hand and a tub of Haagen Daz in the other. Bliss.

It's quite possible I might be able to repress the ADD long enough to complete something - unfortunately, that also usually means ending up being borderline obsessive, which is probably just as non-constructive really. It's just as annoying. So currently I'm rather doing nothing much but procrastinating, getting nowhere for yet another reason. But then when I'm finished with that I'm bound to have another great, unrelated idea to get started on until the next one turns up!

Eventually, I might actually finish that edit, write Chapter 2 of another one, and get around to re-arranging that other chapter in a third. You never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mass Effect Legendary Edition - Mass Effect 2: Project Overlord - Promethius Station

Mass Effect Legendary Edition - Mass Effect 2: Project Overlord [p.2] - Accessing and Destroying Prometheus Station Shep, Garrus and Jack ...