Got to go to Canterbury yesterday… And Rabbie Burns was right – “Best laid plans of Mice and Men” etc… It was really crap. Paris just had one big paranoid, bitchy hissy-fit the entire time and made my life a misery. I’ve pulled or torn ligaments in the back of my left knee, so walking is a nightmare and totally painful. And all I got to do there was see the Canterbury Tales museum. Oh, yes. And bought an XBox (which weighed a bloody tonne – who’d have thought?? It’s so tiny!). Got it with Sonic Unleashed (Paris’ choice – stupidly. She hates it), and Tomb Raider: Underworld (So cool! Again, Paris hates it). Also got a pre-owned one called Underworld – and that’s fan-tabby-tastic! And I’ve barely started playing it!
And the madness has continued. She’s been insane since Friday night, and now it’s Sunday night I haven’t had a sodding break. Not even a shower has been able to wash away the crap. It just makes my skin feel tight and unloved – it (my face) doesn’t like water. I’m so tired I’m beyond exhausted. I’m just so really glad I bucked down and made a good amount of pasta sauce to freeze and a giant pasta bake to eat over a few days – it’s make life so much easier this weekend. And I even get to take it to work tomorrow for lunch, so I don’t have to worry about that either. Thank god for occasional sense and forsight.
It’s now snowing in London. The cat’s gone out in it (I always knew he was completely insane). And I am ready to hibernate until the insanity is all over. I’m wishing I could go back to Canterbury, though, because it’s such a gorgeous city. I absolutely loved it. I hadn’t been there since I was about 11, but it was still lovely. And even there, Starbucks is being used as the new Student Union hangout, so we went and chilled in Costa instead (which apparently is completely British – originally set up as a rostary in Lambeth in 1971 by Italian brothers called Costa). I can’t imagine where these kids are getting all their money from that they can afford £5 a cup for some coffee. I used to think it was a rip-off paying 70p for a can of Fanta…
Gamer. Geek. Nerd. Goth. Techaholic. Coffeeholic ~ Gaming Videos: Dragon Age: Inquisition, Dragon Age II, Dragon Age: Origins, TES V: Skyrim, Elder Scrolls Online (ESO), The Witcher 3, Mass Effect (1/2/3) ~ Random Blogs ... The Destination Is Always Unknown...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mass Effect Legendary Edition - Mass Effect 2: Project Overlord - Promethius Station
Mass Effect Legendary Edition - Mass Effect 2: Project Overlord [p.2] - Accessing and Destroying Prometheus Station Shep, Garrus and Jack ...
-
Lack of food, no appetite, serious caffeine dependency, exhaustion, inability to concentrate, and the coffee just keeps getting stronger wit...
-
Mass Effect Legendary Edition - Saving Tali From Fist A Quarian has dangerous intel about Saren who wants to give it to the Shadow Broker...
No comments:
Post a Comment