Oh my god – I can’t believe how much snow there was here today! OK, I’m used to it back home, but here 6 inches of snow is a big deal!! Everything completely ground to a halt – no buses, no tube, a bit of DLR… No way to get to work. So I stayed here. It’s funny, coz when I saw it I never actually assumed everything would grind to a halt – it would never happen anywhere else! I was quite expecting to go to work – until on impulse I decided to check the TFL Website, and lo and behold! Click on buses and it displays “Buses suspended” in big letters.Suspended until further notice, naturally. They still are, too.
There’s at least 6 inches of it still outside now. At least it’s not thick while its falling now; just a fine powdery dusting. Although it’s still falling continuously. Apart from going to the shop, we stayed in all day. I played Tomb Raider: Underworld (such a cool game… although there is so much to be desired with it’s shitty camera, whilst Paris worked on music. Now she’s taken over on it from me and making a whole pig’s ear out of it - while throwing grenades at giant iguana thingies that keep turning up in it. The only other down-side is that they make you kill tigers in it. That’s really not cool. They’re just too cute to be mean things that you have to kill.
I’ve had a buggering time with my leg though. Somethings been pulled or torn behind my knee and it’s playing hell now. It’s all swollen and painfull and I can’t put hardly any weight on it. Made it 10 times worse buggering around Canterbury after Madam on Saturday without any support on it. And now I’ve got a support it barely does anything because it just rolls up on itself. That was a real waste of £6-somthing. Haven’t been bothered to use it all day, but the pain is, well… a right pain. Also trying to do online shopping whilst writing this and wating Paris play Tomb Raider (good and bad in certain measures!). I’m too tired for multi-tasking, so I’ve done about 80% watching, 15% writing, and 5% shopping. Right on track! The fact that there are man-eating spiders jumping all over Lara Croft doesn’t help – they’re really freaky!! Pooh…..
I’m so glad I bought that XBox now! I’ll even get to play the new CSI… When I get around to buying it! So far I’m rather addicted to this Tomb Raider (yes – me!) – it’s rather compelling! It’s rather feminist too, I reckon… A rather dishy and spunky brunette – a strong, agile gymnast who’s quite violent, scared of nothing, and an excellent shooter. And she can play the boys at their own game and win! She’s everything a “nice woman” shouldn’t be! What would the 1950’s twin-set, twin-tub Good-Little-Stepford-Wives Club think??!!! … This is probably why Paris can’t really get her head around it – she’s a bit of a ringlet-haired, Barbie-like honourary-blonde. And she’s killed poor Lara more times in the last 10 minutes (about once every 30 seconds is her avarage tonight) than Paris Hilton has handbags. It’s pretty unbelievable… She’s turned the Millenium’s She-Ra into a lemming…!
… I think I want some take out – Shame Santa doesn’t deliver pizza on his sleigh in February…!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment