I'm knackered, it's four in the morning, and I've got a headache. Yet can I sleep? Can I fud... 4.10am and my body has apparently no intention of going to sleep. As usual, mind, but still - it could give me a break every once in a while. And when I do go to sleep, it's crap and I end up feeling like I've been smacked in the face the next morning. I think I may be the only person who gets hangovers when sober and feels fantastic after getting completely hammered. Still I refuse to take up drinking 6 bottles of wine a day as a hobby though... Think I prefer to be cranky than to have a permenant furry sandpaper tongue every morning.
Think I just feel so... trapped at night. I can't do anything. What is there to do at night?? No wonder Vampires kill people - they'd just be plain bored otherwise. End up wanting to eat (which is most certainly not going to get rid of the Telly Tubby jelly belly), or stare at the ceiling. More often than not, I just end up staring into dark space listening to Poirot audio books - something I've been doing to combat it since I can remember. For the better part of 20 years David Suchet as Poirot et al have been entertaining me and keeping me from going completely stark raving mad through insomnia and living off about 3 or 4 hours of sleep a night. Looks like he's going to be doing just that tonight too... However, my new find, Sara Ayres, is also just fabulous with her beautiful music (discovered curtesy of my partner's amazingly good taste in music).
I'm not even being helped by yoga anymore, after years of loving it. My poor, broken body is just not able to comprehend that pushing it to do vinyasas and Dolphins and Warriors is actually good for it. It just cares that it hurts. Which is fair enough (there's enough wrong to hurt), but it wouldn't kill it to just get on with it, without screaming at me with every single ache and niggle it gets. You'd think I was 57, not 27. Honestly!! Came away from a short session with a bloody headache today. Surly it's supposed to get rid of those, not create them??
... Now, to get to sleep... Poirot or Sara?? ... Or secret option number three? - Stare at the black ceiling until the sun comes up in about 3 hours?? Oooh... The options there are just too overwhelming... !! The list is just endless!
Wish one of them was sleep though.
No comments:
Post a Comment