Score 1 for New Life! Went to interview today at the last minute in Tottenham for an educational/training company called 5E, and I actually had a good time there! It was lighthearted, easy... and more like a presentation than an interview. The only question I got asked was "what do you like to do" (answer to which is: Organisation, computer work, typing, and data entry... call me weird but I really love it!). So he said they had a lot of Data Entry to throw at me and I giggled a little (told you I was weird), and then he took me around the offices and showed me the people there, who looked like quite a lovely bunch. He called them a "family" - and I think that showed. He then offered me a 3-day work trial to test out the job, and then if the feeling is mutual, then I get to stay. If not, sianara. I think that's fair. It's the kind of place I would like to be, and it seems they're just as bonkers as I would like colleagues to be. I walked out towards the bus stop with one of the girls and she was lovely too. Easy to talk to. I like that... Who wouldn't??
I wanted to say Yes there and then to the work trial, but I thought I'd better come home and discuss it with Other Half, so I did. And when I got home I emailed the guy back and told him I would like to take job. It's less money, but it looks like is a very different place to work, a nice place to work, and it's only a half hour journey by bus, and that bus drops me off right outside it! Such a far cry from the insanity of traipsing all the way to Hammersmith and back with a 15 minute walk (I can't walk fast in heels) to the office. And it's on the first floor so I have to take stairs too, which is good. Not to mention said bus is to be caught at the back of Finsbury Park bus station, where I can a) get my fix of the Metro (I'm a commuter - it's like, the law!); and b) I can get my favourite take-out coffee from the waffle stand (at a credit-crunching-friendly 95p, I might ad!), which is also right by where my bus goes from. Win-Win-Win!!! After all the shite with my last job, I think I deserve it!
I've got my e-post-it on my computer iGoogle page saying:
- Writer
- Singer/Songwriter/Performer
- Healthy & Shiny (who cares about weight!)
- HAPPY!!!
... So far it seems to have done me some good. And if it all goes wrong, I've got a few backups still in my pocket (like the Enfield one, and another with a recruitment company off Oxford St), so it doesn't really matter. I just want something I enjoy, and something that gives me some bloody money ... I do like buying pretty things, and Other Half is expensive to keep!! Just today paid lots for required meds, for which I had to go to Marylebone area, walk all the way down Devinshire Place (by Harley St) and down to Wimpole St to get boxes of meds from Doctor. Then had to go all the way back up - this time with Starbucks in hand, tasting even sweeter with 50p off coupon recieved from Starbucks in a nifty Oyster Card folder holder thingimy. Have one for each and every day of the month! ... Wish I could have one every single day of the month! ...
No comments:
Post a Comment